NOW ENROLLING CHILDREN AND SPECIAL CLASSES FOR ADULT WOMEN!
Tarbiyah Academy is proud to announce the 2018-19 after school Qur’an Masterclass Program beginning in November, insha’Allah. The Qur’an Masterclass is designed as an accelerated, part-time Hifdh program which will allow students the opportunity to make rapid gains in their ability to recite and retain large portions of the Qur’an, with an authentic and unbroken chain (sanad + ijazah) of transmission from the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Interested students will be systematically guided by our instructor using progressively advanced techniques to enhance their reading speed, fluency, and memory capacity, based on their initial level as follows:
- Level 1: Qaa’ida Nooraniya until mastery, followed by one-half of Juz 30
- Level 2: Mastery of Juz 30
- Level 3: Mastery of Juz 29
- Level 4: Advanced Mastery
The Masterclass program will condense four, 45-minute lessons, into 2 sessions per week lasting 90 minutes each (with a snack and break provided), with a goal to develop a love for the lifelong learning of the book of Allah within each student. Placement into each level, and advancement between levels, will be required by regular assessments and feedback.
(Note: Although TA students receive regular instruction in a tafseer-based Qur’an class during school, the Masterclass accelerated program will concentrate on fluency, memorization, and beautification of recitation.)
Supervisor & Lead Instructor:
Ms. Hagar Ibrahim will supervise and manage this program. Please read Ms. Ibrahim’s bio on Tarbiyah Academy’s Faculty & Staff page.
On the first day of the session, students will be assessed by qualified teachers and put into differentiated groupings based on their reading and memorization ability. Classes in our Qur’an program will concentrate on the following:
- Qur’anic recitation with tajweed
- Proper pronunciation of the Arabic letters (proper makharij)
- CHILDREN: Every Monday and Thursday from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm.
- ADULT WOMEN (NEW): Saturdays 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- 20 weeks of classes start on Monday, November 5th, 2018 (children) and Saturday, November 10th (adult women).
- Winter Break – December 17th – 31st
- Spring Break – April 1st – 13th
- Fee Structure
- $500 / student for the entire 20-week session
- Sibling discounts available
- Payable by check, payment will be collected on the first day of class
- Maximum of 10 students per level (up to 40 students total).
- Students will be allowed to move onto the next level of classes if they fulfill the objectives of the current class in which they are enrolled.