Last updated on: 10 October 2021.
We recognize the value of your privacy and appreciate concerns donors may have about information they provide to us and how we treat that information. Tarbiyah strives to maintain the highest levels of integrity and respect for the privacy of our donors. We seek to ensure that donors have trust and confidence in our practices.
We have accordingly developed this policy specific to donors to assure them that their non-public information will be protected and not shared with any third parties.
[Tarbiyah Academy] is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization organized under the laws of Maryland (“Tarbiyah”). All donations solicited on behalf of Tarbiyah will be used to further our mission. Our website address is: https://tarbiyahacademy.com/ (the “Site”).
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
At our Site, we only collect Personal Information (explained below). when voluntarily and knowingly submitted by a visitor, including without limitation, certain information on how a visitor arrived to the Site. You can have general access to our Site and browse pages describing our organization without providing any personal information or being required to register at our Site.
If you choose to make a donation to Tarbiyah, whether by telephone, mail, in-person, or via this Site, Tarbiyah will collect certain Personal Information and required financial information from you (such as your credit card information, if you choose to submit your donation in that manner, and the amount of your donation(s)).
Personal Information means:
- Contact Information: full name, address, telephone number, and email address;
- Giving History: gift amounts, date(s), and any gift restrictions requested by the donor; and
- Information on events attended, publications received, and any special requests for program information.
Tarbiyah collects and stores Personal Information in a confidential and secure manner, as described in this policy. We maintain this information in digital format, typically indefinitely, unless otherwise stated in this policy or required by applicable law. Credit card information is destroyed following payment processing and not retained. However, we may store the last four digits of credit card numbers as well as their expiration dates to inform donors of impending expiration, such as in the case of recurring donations.
Online donations are processed by third-party service providers, and you should read the section below entitled “Payment Processing & Links to Third Party Web Sites” and familiarize yourself with the privacy terms of all such non-Tarbiyah sites before using them.
Tarbiyah will use donor Personal Information for the following purposes
- Distributing donation receipts and statements;
- Sending thank you letters to our donors;
- Informing donors of news and events;
- Internal analyses, record keeping, and internal budgeting;
- Contacting donors about changes in policy;
- Engaging donors for future feedback and support; and
If you request information from Tarbiyah or make a donation to Tarbiyah (online or off-line), we may add your e-mail address or other contact information to our mailing list and contact you from time to time. You may elect to opt-out of receiving communications (other than those relating to a specific query you have made) by following the instructions in the section below entitled, “Changes to Your Information, Unsubscribing, and Other Questions”.
Use and Disclosure of your Personal Information:
- We will not sell, share or trade your Personal Information with any third party.
- We will not send you mailings or other communications on behalf of other organizations.
- To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation and to facilitate any recurring donations.
- As required by law, including to law enforcement personnel and agencies, as part of a legal process if compelled to do so by law, in connection with any government or self-regulatory organization request or investigation, in order to protect our property, or in furtherance of an investigation regarding a breach of Site rules and policies.
- We normally maintain all donations as private, unless the donor volunteers otherwise.
- To third parties, including attorneys, accountants and other advisors, who provide Tarbiyah with assistance or advice or are under contract to perform services for or on behalf of Tarbiyah, and who are required to protect the confidentiality of Personal Information, to maintain standards consistent with the requirements of this policy, and to use such information solely for the purpose for which such information was provided.
- If directed by you.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (“COPPA“). COPPA requires that web site operators to never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without requesting verifiable parental consent.
In accordance with COPPA, we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13.
We recommend that no one under the age of 18 submit personally identifiable information to our Site.
In the event that we determine that a user of this Site is under the age of 13, we will not maintain or use his or her personally identifiable information and will delete any such information from our records.
Security and Enforcement
Tarbiyah aims to protect your personal, confidential information from loss, misuse, alteration or unauthorized disclosure. We only authorize certain persons to have access to this kind of data, and we require them to comply with our policies of confidentiality, non-disclosure and privacy.
We operate secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary.
Please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. This is also true for your credit card and or other financial information that you may choose to transmit to Tarbiyah electronically. Although we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your donor information, Tarbiyah cannot and does not guarantee its absolute security.
Payment Processing and Links to Other Websites
The Site contains hyperlinks or “links” to other sites. Donations to Tarbiyah are facilitated by service providers that are not affiliated with Tarbiyah. While Tarbiyah strives to work with those with robust privacy policies and security systems, these service providers do have different privacy and other terms and conditions than Tarbiyah. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with them before submitting any Personal Information. We are not responsible for the data collection, privacy and information sharing policies and procedures or the content of such web sites and third parties.
Like many sites, we use “cookies” to collect information and understand how our Site is used so we can improve our operations and your experience. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Site.
Changes to Your Information, Unsubscribing, and Other Questions