Tarbiyah Academy has always been committed to provide the highest caliber of education in both academic and Islamic subjects. As such, we have continued to hire this year the best and brightest teachers locally and nationally. This year, our enrollment has increased by more than 50% Alhamdulilah. As such, our faculty has increased from nine employees to 16. All our faculty members have degrees and certifications in their fields.
To learn more about our faculty and staff, please click on the links below.
- KG – 2nd Grade Homeroom Teachers
- 3rd – 6th Grade Homeroom Teachers
- Arabic, Qur’an and Islamic Studies Teachers
- Art Teachers
- Administrative Support Team
We are also very proud to announce two special additions to our Pedgagogical Leadership Team:
- Ms. Reem Azzam joins Tarbiyah Academy as the Assistant Head of School. Prior to joining Tarbiyah Academy, she served as Vice Principal of Al Fatih Academy in Virginia and resident Arabic Instructor at Fawakih Institute. Ms. Azzam holds a Master’s of Education in Curriculum and Instruction from the University of New Orleans and a BA in Arabic from the University of California as well as certifications in Middle School Science and English as a Second Language.
- Imam Mikaeel Ahmed Smith joins Tarbiyah Academy as our Islamic & Qur’an Coordinator and our Grade 3 – 6 Islamic Studies Teacher. Prior to joining us, Imam Mikaeel served as a resident scholar at the Islamic Society of Annapolis and the Islamic Society of Baltimore. He studied the Islamic sciences at the Dar ul-Uloom al-Madania in Ontario, Canada, where he completed the Alim program and earned his Bachelors in Islamic Studies . He further completed his studies of the Sihah Sitta (six most authentic collections of Prophetic traditions) and Qur’anic Tafseer (commentary), earning his Masters in Islamic Studies at the same institution.