Tarbiyah Academy is proud to announce a new, afterschool Qur’an Masterclass Program beginning in February 2017, insha’Allah. The Qur’an Masterclass is designed as an accelerated, part-time Hifdh program which will allow students the opportunity to make rapid gains in their ability to recite and retain large portions of the Qur’an, with an authentic and unbroken chain (sanad + ijazah) of transmission from the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). Interested students will be systematically guided by our instructor using progressively advanced techniques to enhance their reading speed, fluency, and memory capacity, based on their initial level as follows:
- Level 1: Qaa’ida Nooraniya until mastery, followed by one-half of Juz 30
- Level 2: Mastery of Juz 30
- Level 3: Mastery of Juz 29
The Masterclass program will condense four, 45-minute lessons, into 2 sessions per week lasting 90 minutes each (with a snack and break provided and included), with a goal to develop a love for the lifelong learning of the book of Allah within each student. Placement into each level, and advancement between levels, will be required by regular assessments and feedback.
(Note: Although TA students receive regular instruction in a tafseer-based Qur’an class during school, the Masterclass accelerated program will concentrate on fluency, memorization, and beautification of recitation.)
Supervisor & Lead Instructor:
Ms. Hagar Ibrahim will supervise and manage this program. Please read Ms. Ibrahim’s bio on Tarbiyah Academy’s Faculty & Staff page.
On the first day of the session, students aged 5 to 17 will be assessed by qualified teachers and put into differentiated groupings based on their reading and memorization ability. Classes in our Qur’an program will concentrate on the following:
- Qur’anic recitation with tajweed
- Proper pronunciation of the Arabic letters (proper makharij)
- Every Monday and Thursday from 3:30 pm to 5:00 pm. (more classes at different times might be added in follow up sessions depending on interest)
- First session will start on Monday, February 27, 2017 and end on Thursday, May 4, 2017
- Spring break – Monday April 3 – Thursday April 13
- Fee Structure
- 1 Student = $170
- 2 Siblings = $330 ($20 off)
- 3 Siblings = $480 (30 dollars off)
- Payment Options:
- TA Students – parents will be charged via TADS. Payments will show up on their tuition invoices
- Non-TA Students – payment via credit card through the registration link below
- No checks or Cash accepted.
- Maximum of 10 students per class.
- Students will be allowed to move onto the next level of classes if they fulfill the objectives of the current class in which they are enrolled.