Covid Dashboard – Tarbiyah Academy
13 September 2021
- This is to inform our families that an individual in our school tested positive for COVID-19. Due to reasons of confidentiality, we are not permitted to publicly disclose the person’s name or even whether it was a student or staff member. In consultation with the Howard County Health Department (HCHD), individuals who need to self-quarantine were contacted by the School and/or sent home according to protocol. The school and local health departments are carefully conducting contact tracing and will contact any individuals/families directly who may need to quarantine. Students and staff who do not receive notification of quarantine should continue to attend school unless they display symptoms or receive a positive test. It is the contact tracers who will provide information about the viral progression and offer guidance about quarantining.
- In order to keep students and staff safe and healthy, we ask parents/guardians to perform a symptom check on their child EVERY DAY before leaving home in the morning.
- Students should NOT be sent to school with any one of the following symptoms:
- New onset cough or shortness of breath
- Fever greater than 100.4 or chills within the past 24 hours
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Exposure to an individual that tested positive for COVID-19 or exhibiting COVID-19-like illness for the last 14 days
If your student becomes ill during the day and it is determined that they need to be picked up from school to go home, in accordance with your agreement with the School, it is extremely important for that student to be picked up as soon as possible, and definitely within an hour. This is for his or her safety and the safety of the community as a whole.
We will continue to work with the Howard County Health Department to ensure that appropriate measures are taken to keep our community protected and safe. We will continue to enforce strict protocols here at TA and appreciate the cooperation of our families.