- Students who are underage for KG (will not turn 5 years old by September 1st of the academic year) will not be accepted into TA’s KG program. However, a parent can request that the child be considered for admission if the student will turn 5 on or before December 1st of that academic year. Admission will be based on the student’s assessment results and admission documents. A child not performing on level for KG after going through the admissions process may not be accepted.
- Please note that underage students who are accepted to KG and complete the year may have to repeat KG if not deemed ready for 1st
- Students who are underage for 1st grade (will not turn 6 years old by September 1st of the academic year) and have NOT completed KG in an officially recognized program will not be accepted to TA for 1st However, they may apply for KG.
- Students who are underage for 1st grade and HAVE completed KG in an officially recognized program must:
- Submit all transcripts detailing their progress and development through TADS
- Submit a recommendation letter from their KG teacher through TADS
- Must perform on grade level on TA’s Entrance MAP Exam and Teacher Assessment on their visiting day
- Submit a signed agreement from the parents acknowledging that:
- Student will be on provisional acceptance for the first term
- Student progress (academic/behavioral) will be monitored during this time
- A parent conference will be scheduled if the student’s progress is below grade level
- Students who are not on grade level by the end of the first term will be allowed to transfer to KG at TA (if space is available) or will have to transfer to another school
The agreement must be signed by the parents/guardians and submitted to the school before admissions can be granted.